The collection of cocktails named for the headline grabbing events of 2007 include The British Invasion. This delightful treat refers to the British invasion of celebrity soccer player David Beckham and his posh Spice Girl wife, Victoria Beckham. The uber cool duo moved to the United States and were welcomed and honored with the naming of this drink … among other things.
Old world meets new world in this is a delicious after dinner cocktail. It takes a little preparation, but is well worth the time and effort. Just like the Beckham’s, this drink is so hot it might very well create sparks. Once it’s cooled down a bit, you should sit back and linger over this British American decadence.
The British Invasion Recipe
- 2 Orange Peel
- 1 1/2 part(s) Courvoisier Exclusif Cognac
- 3/4 part(s) Knob Creek 100 Proof Bourbon
- 3/4 part(s) Starbucks Cream Liqueur
- Almond Cream
- Fine sugar for rimming
- Pour the Courvoisier Exclusif into a sugar-rimmed brandy snifter.
- In a separate mixing glass, combine the Starbucks Coffee Liqueur and Knob Creek and stir.
- Ignite the cognac slowly turning the snifter and rotating it so as to caramelize all the sugars on the rim of the snifter.
- Express the two orange peels into the brandy snifter so as to coat the inside of the glass with the caramelized orange oils. (This should create quite a spark so be careful!)
- Discard the orange peels.
- Strain the coffee liqueur/bourbon mixture directly into the brandy snifter, putting out the flame.
- Layer the almond cream on top of the mixture.
Allow to cool and enjoy carefully as the brandy snifter may be quite hot around the rim.