Here is a simple and nutritious recipe for the younger set that enjoy doing their own *cooking*.
Tinkz’ Banana Dog Recipe
You will need:
- One hot dog bun and one banana per child (or adult, if you enjoy silly and tasty food)
- Peanut Butter
- Jelly or Jam (your preference)
- Peel banana
- Lightly toast hot dog bun (toasting optional)
- Spread Peanut Butter on both sides of bun
- Add banana
- Add small amount of peanut butter to top of banana
- Spread jelly/jam over top
Chocolate chips may be substituted for the jelly/jam.
The biggest caveat with this is if you have a child that gets upset if their food *breaks*, you might want to spread the peanut butter on top of the banana yourself, or show the child the difference between a heavy hand and light touch regarding food.
Oddly, Tinkz won’t eat her banana dog, but really loves making them for everyone else. She is five and has Autism. That has not interfered in her desire to create *lunch*.