Things just keep getting worse for Johnson & Johnson, as the company has now issued yet another product recall, this time of some types of Rolaids, after they received several customer complaints. For more information on the recall, and what it means for your health, keep on reading after the jump.
After consumers have begun coming forward with complaints about some Rolaids soft chew antacids, McNeil Consumer Healthcare has issued a recall of nearly 13 million packages of the medication.
Complaints of foreign materials, including wood and metal, have been found in packages of Rolaids Extra Strength Softchews, Rolaids Extra Strength plus Gas Softchews, and Rolaids Multi-Symptom plus Anti-Gas Softchews.
McNeil has announced that why serious health concerns are unlike, consumers with these products should stop using them immediately. The lot numbers and UPC codes for the products that have been recalled are as follows (lot numbers and UPC codes are located on the back or bottom of the packages):
• ROLAIDS® Extra Strength Softchews, Wild Cherry, 6 count – Lots: 9015A, 9016A, 9019A, 9140A, 9138A, 9210A, 9211A, 9315A, 9316A – UPC: 312547655200
• ROLAIDS® Extra Strength Softchews, Wild Cherry, 18 count (3 packs of 6 count) – Lots: 9075A, 9076A, 9103A, 9098A, 9104A, 9239A, 9240A, 9348A – UPC: 312547655255
• ROLAIDS® Extra Strength Softchews, Wild Cherry, 42 count (7 packs of 6 count) – Lots: 9065A, 9068A, 9069A,9131A, 9132A, 9208A, 9209A, 9286A, 9287A – UPC: 312547655316
• ROLAIDS® Extra Strength Softchews, Cherry, 6 count – Lots: 0109A, 0114A, 0115A, 0134A, 0135A, 0165A, 0238B, 0239A, 0239C, 0262A, 0264A – UPC: 312547655200
• ROLAIDS® Extra Strength Softchews, Cherry, 18 count bag – Lots: 9349AG2, 9350AG1, 0015AG2, 0015AG3, 0050AG1, 0051AG1, 0053BG2, 0106BG2, 0107AG1, 0108AG1, 0108BG3, 0108CG1, 0129BG1, 0133AG1,0133AG2, 0165BG2, 0191BG1, 0191CG1, 0191DG1, 0213AG2, 0238AG1, 0238AG2, 0246AG1 – UPC: 300450649188
• ROLAIDS® Extra Strength Softchews, Cherry, 36 count bag – Lots: 9350AG2, 0012AG1, 0013AG1, 0014AG1, 0015AG1, 0015AG4, 0050AG2, 0053AG2, 0053BG1, 0053BG2, 0094AG1, 0106AG1, 0106BG1, 0108AG2, 0108BG2, 0191AG1, 0139BG2, 0165BG1, 0191BG1, 0207AG1, 0207AG2, 0213AG1, 0227AG1, 0246AG2, 0247AG1, 0265AG1, 0266AG1 – UPC: 300450649362
• ROLAIDS® Extra Strength plus Gas Softchews, Tropical Fruit, 6 count – Lots: 9005A, 9006A – UPC: 312547065733
• ROLAIDS® Extra Strength plus Gas Softchews, Tropical Fruit, 12 count (2 packs of 6 count) – Lots: 9022A, 9027A, 9118A, 9119A, 9195A, 9196A – UPC: 312547065757
• ROLAIDS® Extra Strength plus Gas Softchews, Tropical Fruit, 36 count (6 packs of 6 count) – Lots: 9166A, 9167A – UPC: 312547065771
• ROLAIDS® Multi-Symptom plus Anti-Gas Softchews, Tropical Fruit, 6 count – Lots: 0017B, 0095A, 0096B, 0259A, 0260A – UPC: 300450657060
• ROLAIDS® Multi-Symptom plus Anti-Gas Softchews, Tropical Fruit, 12 count bag – Lots: 9351BG1, 9352AG1, 0016AG1, 0059AG2, 0059BG1, 0059BG2, 0060AG2, 0167AG2, 0167AG3, 0203AG1, 0204AG1 – UPC: 300450657121
• ROLAIDS® Multi-Symptom plus Anti-Gas Softchews, Tropical Fruit, 24 count bag – Lots: 9352AG2, 9352BG2,0016AG2, 0017AG1, 0057BG1, 0058AG1, 0059AG1, 0059BG3, 0060AG1, 0129AG1, 0132AG1, 0167AG1, 0167BG1, 0204AG2, 0205AG1, 0230AG1, 0231AG1 – UPC: 300450657244
This is not good news for Johnson & Johnson, who have been riddled with recall after recall of their products this year. This month alone, and precautionary recall was issued from lots of Mylanta and AlternaGel antacids.
If you have a recalled Rolaids product, please contact McNeil Consumer Healthcare online or by calling 1-888-222-6036, or report any health issues to the FDA’s consumer hotline.
What do you guys think of the massive recalls by Johnson & Johnson this year, including the most recent Rolaids recall? Have you been involved in any of them? Let us know by leaving us some comments, and check out some video about the recall HERE.