Need a fast and delicious dessert, or just have a craving for chocolate anything? Below is an excellent cake mix cheat … oh yes you can!
One Pan Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipe
You will need:
- 1 9″x13″ pan (I use a glass one as it presents better)
- cooking spray
- box of chocolate cake mix (generic is fine)
- 3 eggs
- can of cherry pie filling
- 1 can of frosting (chocolate, cream cheese or butter cream)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (or whatever temp your oven bakes a cake)
- Spray pan lightly with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, stir eggs, add cake mix, stir until mix is moist (by hand)
- Fold in the can of cherry pie filling, blend with spoon
Pour into pan and bake at 350 degrees until done … about 30-35 minutes. Remember though, ovens vary so the time is not written in stone.
Remove and let cool at least a half hour.
Spread your choice of frosting over cake. We prefer the dark chocolate or cream cheese but your favorite will taste just as good. When we use cream cheese frosting, the children like to decorate by adding Marachino cherries. Cut in squares and serve.
The best part of this recipe, other than using no oil, is you only have to clean one bowl and 2 spoons.