Looking for something light and refreshing on a warm summers day, or eve? Egg salad is one of those easy to fix, nutritious meals that has so many variations that you’re sure to find your favorite among all the recipes available. This one is ours, and it’s kid friendly, too.
You will need:
- Medium saucepan with lid for boiling eggs
- Large bowl for mixing
- Medium serving bowl
- 8-10 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise…slightly more if desired (I use Hellmann’s)
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard (Dijon works well)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3 Tbsp chopped green olives
- 2 Tbsp finely diced onion
- 2 Tbsp finely crumbled crispy bacon (do not substitute artificial bacon bits)
- Lettuce (optional)
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped red pepper (optional)
- Your choice of bread or buns
Place eggs in saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, and boil for about 2 minutes. Put lid on saucepan, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel, and dice. Use a fork or potato masher to mash eggs into small pieces.
Add mayo, mustard, pepper, garlic salt and paprika and stir. Slowly add olives, onions and bacon and mix gently until well blended. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Refrigerate until ready to use. Egg salad makes a great stuffed tomato, as well as a sandwich or wrap.
Garnish with parsley. Add lettuce if desired and enjoy!