This chilled fruit dessert is sure to please your family or guests during the hot and humid summer. Take advantage of the fresh fruits available and give this delicious and effortless dessert a try!
Linda’s Summer Fruit Surprise
You will need:
- 9 x 13 glass pan
- plastic wrap (we use Saran)
- sherbet glasses
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup grapes (seedless and cut in half)
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 cup kiwi (peeled and cut)
- 1 cup fresh peaches (cut in pieces)
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 cups sour cream
Mix all fruit well in the pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly. Spread sour cream over top and cover with Saran wrap. Refrigerate 3-5 hours or if making for “tomorrow”, overnight. When set, stir gently with wooden spoon and place in sherbet glasses and serve.
Hint: All fruit should be fresh. This doesn’t work well with canned or frozen and fresh is better anyway!
Experiment! Add or substitute pitted cherries, plums, nectarines … your favorite fresh fruit.