Corn casserole is a favorite in so many families, yet often only made a few times a year…during holidays. Below is the easiest recipe you will ever find for a scrumptious and year ’round side dish.
You will need:
- 1 baking dish- 9x 13, or large iron skillet. Corning Ware works well, too.
- 1 large bowl
- wooden spoon
- 1 box cornbread mix (we use Martha White)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (do not drain)
- 1 can creamed corn (do not drain)
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz.)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- Optional: 1/2 cup finely chopped onions, 1/2 cup pimento’s, or 2-3 Tbs. of Parmesan cheese
This is actually harder to type out than it is to make! Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, pour into baking dish and bake for an hour (if not firm in hour continue baking another 10-15 minutes). Remove from oven, let sit about 10 minutes and serve with any main dish.