Are you one of those people that think onions make almost everything taste better? I definitely am, and even if you’re not an onion lover, your apt to like the onion casserole below.
When made with sweet onions, such as Vidalia, this casserole makes a wonderful side dish that even children will eat. (Especially if you let them crush the potato chips and help put the casserole together!)
You will need:
- Medium or large baking dish
- Cooking spray (We use Pam or generic)
- 4-6 medium or large onions, thinly sliced (I use Vidalia, but any sweet onion is ok)
- 1 medium bag potato chips (crushed)
- 6-8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded or grated
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1/4 Cup milk
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spray pan (or butter sides and bottom).
Place one layer of onions in baking dish, top with crushed chips and followed with cheese. Repeat layers until ingredients are gone.
Mix the mushroom soup with 1/4 cup milk and pour over top layer.
Bake for 55-60 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!