Most everyone has a fondness for peanut butter. This is a fast and easy no cook recipe that is also fun to make with the kids. This recipe is for 2 pies (the first one always mysteriously disappears). Low fat substitutes work quite well, also.
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- First, graham cracker pie crust (you can use pre-made, just remember you need 2).
If you prefer making your own, you need the following amounts for each pie.
- 16-18 graham crackers, crushed (I put them in a freezer bag and attack with an old rolling pin, but can be done in blender, etc.)
- 1/2 cup butter/ margarine melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Spray Pam or a substitute lightly in pie pan
- Mix the above together, place in pan and press with back side of tablespoon (don’t forget the sides)
Now for the fun. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 package cream cheese (8oz) softened
- 1 cup of milk
- 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip or generic whipped topping (make sure it’s thawed)
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- Mix/blend the sugar and cream cheese
- Add the peanut butter and continue to blend
- Add small amounts of milk while blending (adding all at once creates a mess, albeit a delicious one)
Fill up the pie shells and refrigerate or freeze. Make sure you cover them while they set.
Being a chocolate lover, I also like to take a 16 oz. bag of dark chocolate chips and melt then on 50% power in the microwave. You do have to watch and make sure you don’t over melt, though. Then spoon that over the pie and wait for it to harden. Each slice tastes like a peanut butter cup.
When you’re done, hand over the bowl and spoons to the kids and take a break! You have 2 yummy pies in about 15-20 minutes.