Need a cool and refreshing dessert that’s easy to make, kid friendly and delicious? Try this terrific fruit cocktail pie! Here is the recipe.
You will need:
- Large bowl
- Large plastic spoon
- 2 Graham cracker crumb pie shells
- Small child or 2 (optional)
- 1 can of condensed milk (We use Eagle Brand)
- 1 large container whipped topping (generic works fine)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 can crushed pineapple – drained well
- 1 can of fruit cocktail – drained well
- 1 cup of pecans or pecan pieces
- 1 can of Mandarin orange slices – drained well
- 1 banana, cherries or kiwi fruit for garnish (optional)
Mix lemon juice and milk and then add the whipped topping.
Add all well drained fruits and pecans to mixture.
Stir gently. Put in pie shells, and chill in fridge until set (about 3 hours).
Serve as dessert or after school snack. Enjoy!