If you enjoy the traditional taco bake, you might really like this one made with crescent rolls! It’s a whole new taste sensation you’re sure to enjoy. It’s filling and so very easy to make. Give it a try!
You will need:
- Large frying pan
- 10″ Pie pan (or 9″ square pan)
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (Pillsbury works great!)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 3/4 cup Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Chopped onions, as desired
- Green and black olives as, desired
- Shredded lettuce, as desired
- Diced tomato, as desired
- Sour Cream and guacamole (optional)
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles. Place in non-greased 10-inch pie plate and press over bottom and up sides to form crust.
In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in salsa and taco seasoning mix; simmer 5 minutes. Spoon meat mixture in crust-lined pan; sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Top with lettuce, tomato, onions and olives and serve.