How delicious does this Roasted Garlic Potato Soup look? It looks just perfect for these cold fall days. The weather outside is definitely calling for something warm and hearty. This soup is just the ticket. We have the recipe below.
This soup is good alone or with a salad and your favorite vegetable on the side. You can add cheese, bacon and herbs to taste.
Roasted Garlic Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole milk
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place potatoes in a shallow roasting pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper; stir to coat. Bake for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are browned. Reserve 1 cup of roasted potatoes.
- In a 3 quart saucepan heat remaining oil; saute onions for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and garlic and stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Spoon half of broth mixture into a blender; blend until nearly smooth. Repeat with remaining mixture; return all to pot. Stir in milk and season with salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with reserved roasted potatoes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes