Nothing says comfort food quite like cheesecake! Below is a recipe for homemade cheesecake that not only gives more servings than *store bought*, it’s unbelievably cost effective. Not to mention simple to make!
You will need :
- 9″ deep dish pie pan (I use a a glass one for this)
- electric mixer
- large bowl
- medium bowl (for crust)
- wooden spoon
- Graham Cracker crust (Linda’s suggestion: buy one ready-made)
- 2 – 8 oz pks of softened cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
Graham cracker crust:
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Directions for crust:
Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter or margarine, and cinnamon until well blended. I use a wooden spoon for this as it is easier to press crumbs up the side of the pan. Press into pie plate.
Directions for filling:
Put cream cheese in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Soften to room temperature. Start in the morning and you should be able to have this treat in the oven by afternoon.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add eggs, sugar, vanilla & lemon peel to softened cheese. Mix well with electric mixer. Pour into crust & bake for 30 minutes.
Let it cool, then refrigerate until firm.
Optional: Top with fruit of your choice, cherry or blueberry pie filling, fresh strawberries, chocolate chips … whatever you prefer when you bite into a delicious cheesecake!