While it sounds odd, cranberry fudge has been around for a long time. I admit it took me awhile to be convinced that cranberries could be mixed with chocolate and taste fantastic … now I wish I hadn’t waited so long!
You will need:
- 9″ square pan
- tin foil
- wooden spoon
- cooking spray (we use Pam but any will do)
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk (reduced fat works, too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Line a 9-inch square pan with foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips and corn syrup.
Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon until thickened and glossy, about 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
Spread into prepared pan; refrigerate until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; toss the foil. Cut fudge into 1-in. squares.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
A delicious year ’round treat!