Love tomatoes? I do whether right off the vine, in soups … just about any old way! Below is a long time favorite, enjoyed a lot through out spring and summer.
You will need:
- 1 – 9 or 10 inch pie pan
- Small bowl
- 1-9 inch unbaked pie shell
- 5 large tomatoes (your choice)
- 1/2/ Cup of scallions or onions
- 3/4 tbsp basil
- 3/4 Cup mayo (we use Hellmanns)
- 1 1/2 Cup cheddar or swiss cheese
- 1/2 Cup chopped bacon or real bacon bits
- 1/4 Cup sliced green olives (optional)
Bake pie shell for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow to cool.
Slice, and layer tomatoes in pie shell. Salt, and pepper to taste. Add basil and bacon bits. Mix mayo and cheese in bowl, spread on top of tomatoes.
Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes, and cool 10 minutes before cutting.
Enjoy with your choice of bread or crackers and a favorite wine!